Developing sustainable tourism and travelling is important to the travel services Visit Liminka and the municipality of Liminka. We are now increasing our commitment to promoting sustainable travel through the Visit Finland’s Sustainable Travel Finland programme. Our goal is to be granted the quality label Sustainable Travel Finland (STF) for our region. We encourage all travel and tourism service providers to take this sustainable travel STF path with us, as we can only succeed in developing sustainable travel by making responsible choices together.
As part of its mission of developing sustainable travel, Visit Liminka is committed to following the principles of Visit Finland’s sustainable travel. This shows our commitment to working for more sustainable travel in Finland. The principles of sustainable travel include commitments to fair cooperation; looking after nature: valuing cultural heritage; promoting well-being, human rights and equality; promoting local; investing in safety and quality; paying attention to climate impacts, open communication, and the continuous development of our operations.
1. Travel waste-free. Familiarize yourself with the outdoor etiquette by Metsähallitus.
2. Cycle and hike only on marked routes.
3. Sleep peacefully in accommodation offered by local service providers and stay longer.
4. Enjoy local treats that are in season in the local restaurants.
5. Buy sustainable and locally made products as souvenirs.
6. Breathe in the cleanest air in the world.
7. Watch the birds and other animals while respecting nature.
8. Travel here by using sustainable modes of transport.
9. Travel service providers – take the path of sustainable travel development!
10. By making sustainable choices, we can all enjoy the experience of travelling, together – both today and in the future.
Paavolantie 83 C, 91900 Liminka
08 384 903
Kesäkaudella, 1.5. - 31.8., joka päivä klo 10.00.-20.00.